Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Three Way Tie.

The poll for this week ended in a three way tie between Asteroids, Star Life Cycle, and Gamma Ray Bursts. All with 2 votes, out of the 8 voters (the Sun and Pluto/ Kuiper Belt each got one.) I feel that the poll is under performing. I liked the idea of having people express an interest in topics that I could tackle. But with such a low turnout, I wonder if it is even worth it anymore. I might just go ahead and do an article on some astronomy topic every Tuesday on whatever I fancy for the week, or try to address any question posed in the comments.

For now, I am trying to think of what to do about this tie... Thanks guys, you would.

I'll try to put an actual article up tonight, for now, I have voting open again on the three topics. I'll see how it does while I go eat. If that doesn't work, I'll just pick something. The poll is just slightly to the right, at the top of the sidebar, so go vote on the ASTRONOMICAL SUDDEN DEATH ROUND!!!


13 comments:

**Hype.Planet** said...

Star life cycle!

123 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Astronomical sudden death? Didn't you just do the 2012 doomsday post? =P

I voted. Go go gamma rays! Let's make us some Hulks!

Anonymous said...

Star life cycle gets my vote.

THUNDERCAT said...

I'm going with Gamma rays!!! I used to hear and read a lot about them on comic books and movies...now I want the real deal info!

Unknown said...

awesome

i always hope some magic cosmics rays will hit me through such a constellation and give me superhero powers

but well never happens

Jack said...

Gamma Ray bursts! definately haha

Zombie said...

three topics enter the cage of death... only one emerges...

G said...

gamma rays for me!

Jay said...

Am I the only one who voted for asteroids? :|

Astronomy Pirate said...

Looks like it Jay, even though I would prefer to do that... Can I vote on my own poll? I suppose so...

Anonymous said...

Jay! you're not alone I voted for asteroids too...hehe

Aaron M. Gipson said...

I have always been very interested in GammaRay bursts as a possible explanation for both genetic mutations and/or mass extinctions. I would love to hear your take on it!

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, please no advertising or profanity. This also helps me see who is dropping by.