Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday Gizmo 2/18/11

So last week I mentioned the NoteSlate as being a totally awesome object that one day I hope to own. I also said I would try to find an awesome gizmo every Friday, if I can, and just bring attention to it. Mostly just noting stuff that I want.

This week, we have the U-Socket. Another awesome piece of technology that I am wondering what took so long to develop. Look at this thing, it is an outlet WITH USB SOCKETS! Talk about fricken convenience. I know everyone has wall outlets, and not enough USB ports on their computers. No longer are you constrained to a computer to charge your phones, cameras, and MP3 players and whatever other gadget. One day I hope to have at least one of these outlets in every room of my house.

Another use is for all those wacky USB toys that exist, like the ones from ThinkGeek.com. You can put silly Christmas USB things near your tree rather then on your desk, and whatever else fills your fancy. And I guess its compatible with USB 3.0, so it won't go out of style anytime soon. Downside, I guess it's still patent pending, which doesn't mean much, but its still waiting on the final safety approval. I'll probably wait until I'm sure its safe to buy any. And you have to install it yourself, or get someone to do it. Not hard, just a pain, at least it comes with a manual for installation.


6 comments:

pizzafuckyes said...

it's only function is to charge things right? doesn't seem that useful to me

KUSHtunes said...

I think it'd be nice to have but I don't think I'd buy one...if I came across it for free though. I'd love it.

Anonymous said...

Not a bad idea, especially for those w/ a lower amount of available USB ports on older computers. With most gadgets charging via USB these days, this could become standard eventually.

Unknown said...

Neat idea, but I think a USB hub would be more practical.

Bring_Napkins said...

This would be really useful for me, since I only have the USB to iPod charger, so its a pain to have to turn on my computer to charge my iPod.

Life Hacks said...

I would never own one... That note slate however...

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, please no advertising or profanity. This also helps me see who is dropping by.