Wednesday, August 3, 2011

On Hold

I'm putting this blog on the back burner as I need to focus on getting my life organized. I'll hopefully be back whenever I find a stable form of income. It may not be daily when I get back, but I would like to try to update every other day, there's still so much to write about, literally a whole Universe.

I do enjoy it though, sharing a bit of the Universe with readers. I already do astronomy outreach in my community, and I always felt this was a nice way to reach a larger audience. But, there's only so much someone can do without gainful compensation. I would hope that even if I don't come back, I would hope that my readers continue following our expanding understanding of the cosmos. A good list of informative sites are in the sidebar to the right, under 'Useful Astronomy Links'.

I do plan to come back to this though, maybe in a month or so. Maybe I will be refreshed and holding a legitimate job and ready to blog again. Until then, there's still lots out there to be amazed at. Today I was blown away by the rather legitimate idea that the Earth might have had two moons at one point. Then there have been other stories: LEGO figurines on the NASA spacecraft Juno, which is launching for Jupiter on Friday; Oxygen particles detected in deep space; The ESO has discovered 96 new open star clusters in the Milky Way that were hidden by dust; and my favorite asteroid, Vesta, is being revealed in amazing detail, and a short video of its rotation.

I suggest spending this weekend looking to see if you have a local Vesta Fiesta (my astronomy club is hosting one during our normal open house.) And if not, you should definitely go out and look for shooting stars, the Delta Aquariids and Perseids meteor showers are overlapping this weekend. Since the height of the Perseids will have a full moon, this weekend might be a great chance to go out and take a look.

I'll see you all when I get back.


20 comments:

Zombie said...

Hey man I really hope you get everything sorted out! I cant wait for your return! :)

Gryt said...

Hope you can get things straightened out man, we'll be here when you get back.

Unknown said...

That's a shame, this is one of my favorite blogs. Good luck to you.

Jay said...

come back soon! :D

The Angry Lurker said...

No problem, real life get's in the way but sometimes has to?

Douglas said...

Sometimes you have to change up your priorities. Good luck with everything!

Sub Radar (Mike) said...

You'll be missed! Hope you get everything sorted out soon.

Melanie said...

Hope you come back soon!

Astronomy Pirate said...

Thanks for the support.

MRanthrope said...

yeah, your posts are always informative and sometimes even mind boggling. ha. Good luck with the job/life sorting part...I think everyone could use some help in that department (I know I do!). See you when you return.

**Hype.Planet** said...

Take care! Come back soon

Internet Catch Of The Day said...

I hope you will be back soon! This has been one of my favourite blogs!

Admin said...

Too bad to hear, man.
I'm leaving this comment, and hoping you see it, because I've just moved my blog onto a domain and I want people to know about that.
Head over to my blogger blog and you can read about what's happening.
Hopefully you're still checking for comments, and hopefully you'll be back soon.
Liam.

Shutterbug said...

life happens! it's totally understandable. :D

Drivebot said...

alright brah, tell me when your back, but more importantly tell me when the aliens will be arriving

Poetry of the Day said...

i completely understand. i have put my blog on the back burner tons of times.
william shakespeare approves.

Anonymous said...

We're missing you mate!

Sylar said...

nice post :P
+follow

Charles said...

good luck with getting organized, and yes there is a lot on here that is worth having!

Unknown said...

I was wondering where you went!?!

All the best bro.

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, please no advertising or profanity. This also helps me see who is dropping by.